Friendships are rejuvenating, to say the least. A friend called up yesterday and we spoke like long-lost buddies. Being in the same age bracket, our talks revolved around similar issues: children, home, work pressure, ageing parents and skincare.
She said something that kept bothering me for a long time after I hung up. She told me how she is going through a stressful time managing her hectic work-life balance and other responsibilities. I was listening and realised how laid back we are when it comes to self-care.
I was there in the same shoes a few years ago but after having a brief bout of skin allergies, I started giving time to myself. I read up few articles about self-care and skincare rituals and that’s how I started making changes in my lifestyle.
Beauty is not superficial but one that shines from within. For beautiful and glowing skin, it is important to be happy from within. Our daily schedule leaves no time for skincare or we take ourselves for granted. I have built a self-care regime over the years that I absolutely swear by.
Here’s my 5-point agenda for skincare that I suggested to my friend. I am sharing it here with you too.
- A daily schedule is very important, so a proper sleep cycle and good habits are built. Giving a few minutes to myself every day is important. I have scheduled my silence and meditation time for the mornings and my night before sleep for my skincare and self-reflection. A massage before sleep and caring for myself go a long way in ensuring I begin and end my days mindfully.
- Workout or exercising in any form for close to 30 mins every day not only helps build a toned body but helps in overall mind and body health.
- Rest is very important for a better lifestyle and the sleep cycle plays an important role, especially after the thirties. Minimum 7 hours of sleep is vital for our body to function effectively. Not only the number of hours but also making sure that I sleep at the same time to set a rhythm for my body, I make sure my sleep cycle isn’t hampered else I am lethargic the whole day.
- Self-care also includes taking out time to do small things that make us happy. Taking out time for hobbies, for things I love to do. I love spending time with my family, they are a great source of my positive energy. It gives me a different level of joy when I am doing things with them, even if it means simple things like cleaning up the house or reading stories to my little girls.
- Last but most important, eating a balanced meal and taking my daily dose of Perfectil to maintain my perfect nutrient balance and to get the glow from within.
Perfectil is a daily dose of nourishment. Formulated with the goodness of biotin, zinc and selenium, Perfectil is a triple-active supplement that takes care of my skin, hair and nails. There are no added preservatives, artificial colours, or animal meat and it is completely safe for my body.1
It works as a beauty vitamin and provides me wholesome nutrition when taken along with a balanced meal. Sometimes our body requires more nutrition than our meals can provide and we fail to identify the gap. Perfectil works as a supplement and fills my body with essential micronutrients that my body needs.
Interestingly, I found a 3-step supplement selector test on the website that provides me with a beauty supplement that’s specifically made according to my age and weight. Everybody is different and so are the nutritional needs of the body. I am happy that Perfectil understands this.
Instead of worrying over taking different tablets for skin, hair, nails and overall health, Perfectil does it all for me. 1 tablet a day and I am sorted for the day.
If you are a working mom and not finding enough time for yourself, Perfectil can be your go-to beauty vitamin. Sometimes, meeting old friends gives you a whole new insight into life, isn’t it?