We all love to take care of our skin. however, our hair and nails are the most neglected. We seldom have time to care for them. However, there is nothing more annoying if the hair does not behave well and gets itchy and flaky due to dryness. With a hectic lifestyle, stress, and pollution our hair become extremely dry, dull and brittle. However, today I have a few very easy hair masks for dry and itchy scalps which are hassles and fuss-free and make a great home remedy. Check out some easy DIY Hair Mask for Dry scalps below
DIY Hair Mask for Dry Scalp
Banana Hair Mask – DIY Hair Mask
Bananas are rich in potassium, natural oils, carbohydrates, and vitamins, which help soften our hair and protect their natural elasticity.
- Take two ripe bananas with 2 teaspoons of olive oil, lime juice, and honey.
- Blend all these together.
- Apply the mask on the scalp and massage gently on your dry scalp.
- Leave the mask on your scalp for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off with a mild shampoo
Be amazed at the effect on dry and dull hair. Nutrients in banana help maintain moisture which improves manageability and shine, prevent and control dandruff. The potassium, natural oils, carbohydrates and vitamins in bananas help soften the hair and protect the hair’s natural elasticity, preventing split ends and breakage.
Egg Yolk Hair Mask – DIY Hair Mask
Egg is considered a superfood for your hair due to the unique combinations of vitamins found in it. It is especially useful to moisturize the hair which is super dry.
- Mix one egg yolk with one tablespoon of honey & one tablespoon of coconut oil in a bowl.
- Apply this mix to your scalp & hair, cover with a soft towel or shower cap to avoid spilling.
- Keep it on for around 30 & 40 minutes & wash it off with cold/lukewarm water & mild shampoo.
Coconut oil is rich in antioxidants and has antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties. Its essential nutrients are lauric acid, which nourishes the hair with vitamins, minerals, and medium & chain fatty acids.
Honey is an emollient which implies it is a characteristic conditioner.
Use this mask once a week for optimum benefits. This mask will help you to tame frizzy hair, make your hair soft & hydrate your scalp & hair.
Honey Pumpkin Hair Mask – DIY Hair Mask
Pumpkin is a perfect hair rejuvenating snack. They’re good for overall health, as they are loaded with protein, omega 3 fatty acids, zinc, and iron.
- Mix a cup of pumpkin puree with a tablespoon of honey and form a paste.
- Apply it on the scalp and hair.
- Wrap the mask on for 15 minutes with a shower cap, and rinse off.
Thank me later for luscious healthy-looking locks.
Sesame Oil Hair Mask -DIY Hair Mask
Sesame oil is loaded with anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antibacterial properties and hence is one of the most convenient picks to get your hair rid of any dryness.
Ginger infused hair masks can be refreshing and aromatic. Ginger has anti-inflammatory benefits for the scalp.
This mask is so easy peasy that we can apply once a week.
- Mix 2&3 teaspoons of sesame oil with 1-2 teaspoons of ginger and then massage the mixture into the scalp for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Wrap on a towel and leave it in for 12 to 15 minutes. Shampoo as usual.
Make this mask a part of your routine once a week, you will enjoy moisturized, shiny, smooth hair, and fetch compliments too.
Tea Tree Oil Hair Mask – DIY Hair Mask
Tea Tree Oil is loaded with vitamins and nutrients, and natural healing properties.
The natural moisturizing effects of the fatty acids and vitamin E in olive oil will help with the dryness and, over time, reduce or eliminate the frustrating condition.
- Mix equal parts of tea tree oil and olive oil
- Massage the gentle yet powerful mask into your hair and scalp.
Your scalp will immediately feel less itchy and the mask will remove dry flakes easily leaving you with stronger and shinier hair.
You can also try the Tea Tree Hair mask from Mama earth
Apart from a healthy diet and exercise, if you practice any of these DIY hair masks you will surely get that shiny soft hair. Revamp your hair of its lost luster and moisture using the humble kitchen ingredients for delightful results.