Winter is the best season of the year, we get holidays, we get to stay home a lot and chill, we get to feel pleasant and happy for no particular reason. Guess, the chilly and cool surroundings tend to calm and soothes our mind and soul. That must be the reason why most of us love winters. As much as it gets for our soul, it can be quite tedious for our skins. Winter is not an easy season for our skins and particularly if you have dry skin, you can literally hear your skin screaming frantically aloud. Winter skincare is an essential part of a beauty regime. Let us see how can you take Care of your Skin in Winters
How to take care of Your Skin in harsh Winters
To assuage our skin, we need to take some extra care and efforts. Let’s see some of the major and effective winter skin care routine which would completely help you and your skin being happy during the harsh weather.
- When it is cold outside, we forget to drink water which absolutely not good for us and elevates skin dryness in winters. It is important to keep yourself hydrated especially during the winter months. Don’t gulp the water in one go rather drink it sip by sip throughout the day. You can also go with hot liquids like green tea, lemon tea or ginger tea. This will not just keep you hydrated but also feels cozy to drink hot tea during winter times. Hydrating yourself regularly will prevent your skin from stripping out of moisture.
- Cleanse your skin at the end of the day but while selecting a cleanser please be more cautious. It is highly suggested to go with cream-based cleansers because they will naturally moisturize your skin. There are cleansers that contain more alcohol and chemicals, these kinds of cleansers will only tend to dry out your already dried and winter attacked skin. The cleanser is one of the most important winter skincare products.
- During winters, since your skin is extremely dry, there are high chances for skin irritation and itchy sensation on your skin. During this time exfoliating your old and dead skin away will the last thing on your mind but the thing is, exfoliating your skin during this time actually helps a lot more than you could’ve anticipated. Use natural-based scrub to exfoliate the dead skin. This will immediately help in skin regeneration and you will be completely devoid of any itchy sensation.
- As much as it is tempting to run along and hot bath during winter, please do avoid it, because it can very soothing and pleasure while you bath but once you’re out of the shower, you will realize how bad a decision it was. Running a long hot bath will dehydrate your skin so much more than any other method. This will extract all the remaining necessary oils present on your skin and makes it super dry and itchy.
- Immediately after the bath, use a face moisturizer for dry skin. We all know how important and good it is to moisturize your skin regularly, so don’t skip moisturizing at any cost, especially during the winters because your skin badly needs to be moisturized.
- Winters are harsher and harder than summers, so it is recommended to have lip balms and mini moisturizers on your pockets 24/7 as we might not know when the need might arise. Lips are one of the most delicate areas which can be easily affected by winter, so take extra care for it and apply liquid and moisturizing lip balms frequently.
- If winter is too harsh in your region, please do wrap yourself up completely, including delicate regions like the neck and hands using scarf and gloves respectively. If you let your skin open for the winter air to contact it directly then it will make your skin extra dry. So cover up completely but use breathable fabrics for the skin to breathe without getting suffocated.
- Apply sunscreens even during winters to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. We might easily forget to do this during winters because we think sunscreens are for sunny summer days.
- The skin in the eye region is extremely thin and soft, to protect them from any possible problem or dryness, use the serum on these areas to keep it moisturized and safe regularly.
- Change your soap or body wash according to the season. All soaps do not necessarily suit during all seasons. Opt for more moisturizing soap during this time of the year and we do not want your skin to get super dried.
- Don’t regularly get in contact with water every now and then.
- Moisturize your hands regularly as they tend to get dried easily for the winter skincare routine.
- Saying no to long hot showers does not mean you should apply a nourishing face mask to your skin. You can definitely apply a face mask but be careful what ingredients you use in your pack. Some of the ingredients you can use on your face mask during winter are milk, honey, olive oil, cocoa butter, banana, almond oil, sesame oil, and so on. Select your combination according to your needs.
So, yeah these are the few super easy winter skincare routines anybody can follow religiously. If you follow this routine during winter, you can be cent percent sure that your skin is safe during the harsh winter times.
Following topics may interest you
Follow Every Little Thing:Happiness on