The next most important commandment in the field of blogging is keeping your blog simple and accessible. Okay, now that might sound kind of vague, let me just elaborate on it. What does it mean to Design for Accessibility
Design for Accessibility
What do you mean by Accessibility? It is the ease with your site can be navigated and people can find relevant content on your blog. Increasing the accessibility of your site is very important because when you do that the users and followers will be more comfortable in coming back to your page. When this happens this eventually increases the number of people visiting your site. As a result, your blog gets more visibility and audience. Accessibility is one of the key things that helps you stand out from all the other bloggers out there.
So the key to succeed in the field of blogging accessibility of your site and the simplicity of it plays a major role.
How can you accomplish It
• When you’re creating content be sure it is quality content. You aren’t supposed to just stop there. If your writing about a topic make sure you are providing all the background information about it before starting.
If you’ve already spoken about the same topic previously on your blog, leave the links to it. If you’re writing an acronym, elaborate on it. If you’re talking about any product, tell your followers where bought it and leave a link to it as well. Your blog should be an all-in-one kind of blog where your followers can find everything they need to about the topic on your blog itself rather than opening a new tab and doing a new google search on their own.
• When you’re posting a picture, make sure you enter the alt tag.
This will help the followers with visual impairment to access your content to the fullest. Also, when there is an issue in loading your image or site, followers will be able to understand the picture at a greater level even without looking at the picture. It also helps you in SEO ranking.
• Arrange your content systematically so that accessing it is easier.
On top of your blog, in the header, keep all your menus, ranging from about to contact. This menus will help you distinguish and orderly arrange your content.
• While selecting a background for your blog beware. Check the contrast and other visual attributes. Make sure the text is clear and stand out,
• Enable a search option on your site. This will help your followers navigate through your site easily.
• Give all your social media links on your blog. If your followers are willing to connect with you, it will be a much easier way to lead them to the right platform.
These are the very few things you can ensure to increase the accessibility of your site. By doing this you’re increasing your community and making your followers journey a lot easier!
Hope this was useful and you’ll make use of it!
This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon.
Read other post from the Marathon here