Bengali Rosogulla is everyone’s favorite. It is soft spongy and juice desert everyone loves. Bengali Rosogulla requires lots of practice and a little bit of luck too. I would have not given this recipe a try but lockdown got me do this. So I tried this recipe of Bengali Rosogulla couple of times with help from inputs from my mother-in-law and sister-in-law.
Hope you like it and if you do try it please tag me.
Yummy Recipe for Bengali Rosogulla
Ingredients – Bengali Rosogulla
- 2 ltr full cream milk
- 2 lemons
- 1.5 teaspoons Maida
- 4 cups of sugar
- 5 cups of water
- Bring the milk to boil. Keep stirring continuously to avoid the milk to get burnt in the bottom of the pan. Constant stirring will also not let the cream separates from the milk
- Squeeze out the lemon juice in a bowl and add two teaspoons of water to it.
- Once the milk boils, turn off the flame and wait for 1 min.
- Start adding lemon juice to the milk and stirring constantly while the flame is off.
- Once you have added 3/4th of the lemon juice and the milk has started curdling put on the flame and add the rest of the lemon juice.
- Chhena will completely separate from the water (water turns greenish color)
- Take a sieve and put it over a big bowl. Put a very thin cloth on it and now pour the contents
- Wash the chhena with water to remove any sourness due to lemon
- Make a potli of the chhena and hang it for 30 mins for excess water to drip off.
- Take the cooled chhena now and start kneading it.
- Occasionally add maida to the chhena and keep kneading.
- If you are using full cream milk you will have to knead it for 7-8 mins. If using toned milk kneading time would increase.
- Now start making small balls of the chhena
- Meanwhile cook chashni by adding the sugar and water to a bowl and bringing it to boil.
- Once the sugar dissolves and the chashni is boiling add the rosogulla balls to chashni.
- Cook on high flame and closed lid for 5 mins. Reduce flame and cook on medium flame and open lid for 7-8 mins. Boil for another 2-3 mins on high flame and closed lid.
- Leave for cooling down. If you are a bong you would want to have some warm Rosogulla
You may be interested in the simple Suji snacks recipe
Check Easy Mysore Pak recipe