As a mother, I get perplexed seeing articles, posts and random feeds on social media on food which can cause cancer.
So on World Cancer Day, I got in touch with “Dietician Sheela Seharawat” to find out myths and facts about foods which cause cancer and this is what she has to say.
Most people can easily name a few things that they know cause cancer such as tobacco use or air pollution. However, this article features some factors that many do not realize are serious potential cancer triggers. These are some foods that researchers have determined can measurably influence cancer risk.
* Meat: -According to various study vegetarians are 50% less likely to die from Cancer. Animal fats contain hormones that humans absorb during consumption. There are also chemicals that attach to the food as the fats are cooked. These chemicals can be carcinogenic.
* Goodies: -The consumption of maximum fats and sugars will impact the body’s insulin production & hormone production which impacts cell damage and the immune system. Cancerous cells have an affinity to sugars.
* Most people don’t eat real food. They sustain themselves, barely, on nutrient-poor fast food, packaged food, processed food. Most people’s diet is far too high in animal protein and far too low in foods rich in phytonutrients.
* Most people cook their ‘food’ with a microwave. Microwaves are known to have serious affects on the health of those who eat food cooked this way.
* Sugary foods generally fees cancer. It is important to avoid such kind of foods.
Healthy and proper food can prevent cancer. Healthy eating can prevent cancer. Eating healthy foods like vegetables and fruits can prevent cancer and you will lead a healthy and disease free life. Low fiber diets and high fat can cause cancer.
There is little evidence about specific foods which cause cancer. Bad eating habits and some foods can cause cancer. However, with a healthy diet plan it can eliminate and you can lead a cancer free life. Grilled foods can increase the chances of cancer. Cooking food at high temperature can create carcinogenic compounds. Those foods may cause the chances of cancer but with healthy diet you can prevent the risk factor.
According to experts there are various factors related to foods and life style, which cause cancer. By changing the lifestyle and food habits one can prevent such kind of risk relevantly.
Canned foods are really not good for health and it may cause cancer, if consumed excessive amount.
Salted pickled and grilled foods are also another reason for the same. When smoked foods are cooked at high temperature, it produced dangerous nitrites. This can be another reason of the deadly disease.
White flour is not at all nutritional. All the nutritional value of the foods removed and its refined food that can cause this disease.
Hydrogenated Oils packed with unhealthy omega 6 fats. This should not consume and this oil is at high risk of cancer.
Cancer can be caused due to many reasons specially food habits. It is fast becoming epidemic in proportion. The things that cause cancer are the effects of life style, not your genes. Take control of your diet or food. Don’t wait till you get cancer to make some changes. Start now, to avoid it and learn more about the food values.
About Dietician Sheela Sehrawat
In the world of health and nutrition dietician Sheela Seharawat is a well known name. Along with her master’s degree in food & nutrition she also holds benevolence and dedication in her character. She has been practicing since 2006 and a registered dietician under IDA. She is among the founding members of the Diet Clinic which has presently more than 35 outlets running successfully all over the country. Prior to her individual practice, she remained associated as a dietician with Indian Army hospital for a Short time. While she was an intern during her master’s degree she dealt many clients gratuitously.
Desclaimer : Views in the post are provided directly by Dietician Sheela Sehrawat.