These are very difficult times and even sustaining during this period seems like an implausible job. Signs That You Need Help for Your Mental Health and Well-being.
Our generation is the generation that has lots of issues with our mental health wellness. The amount of pressure and stress one is subjected to at the workplace and in relationships are enormous. Even without covid and lockdown many of us had been already struggling. The main problem in dealing with mental health issues is the stigma that revolves around them. It is extremely difficult to open up to others regarding the same.
The other issue with which most of us struggle is that we do not know when to actually ask for help. Asking for help and opening up might seem like moving a mountain but then you do not know how helpful will it be for you unless and until you do it yourself.
Signs That You Need Help for Your Mental Health and Well-being
If you’re still confused and sceptical about opening up and you’re on the internet to find answers to your questions, you cannot actually bring yourself into having this conversation with your friends or family yet! Consider me as your 3 am friend whom you would contact with your silliest of issues to discuss. (I may not pick at 3 am because I’ll be sleeping all tired after spending the day with super active kids of mine. But of course, you can read this blog whenever you want because as of now, these words are your friends who are gonna help you see things with much more clarity.)
Now, you know you have something bothering you. You might be stressed and anxious most of the times and don’t know what to do next.
• At times it is needed that you stop and pay attention to your mental health a little bit more when you aren’t able cope up with your everyday regular tasks. Your stress and anxiousness is getting in the way of you being more productive and moving on with your life.
• Pay attention to your mood swings. For me, the most prominent sign is rapid mood swings. You can change from the happiest person in the universe to the saddest person in a fraction of seconds or this might happen over a particular period of time. Say for example one week you are on top of the world and the next week it’s totally bad. Keep a check on your mood swings.
If you feel like you are being sad for most part of your life. You feel hopeless, sad and pointless, then it’s you’re marching towards the road to depression and that’s not right sign.
• Do you worry too much ? There are some personalities who has it in their blood to worry about tiny winy things but we are not talking about that kind of thing here. Worry as in, you are anxious about every single thing and keep on worrying and thinking about it that it’ll make your very depressed or sometimes you feel suffocated and hard to do anything else. This is called panic attacks or anxiety. This is a very big sign which says you absolutely need professional help.
• You cannot forgive yourself or come out of a trauma that has happened in the past. Our past can impact the way we lead our lives today. If you have a traumatic past which has been engraved on your mind and heart that you feel like you’re trapped inside this not so great past of yours. Then you know you should seriously consider taking help from a professional.
• Are you addicted to something to evade your disturbing inner voice or depression or sadness or anxiety. Then it’s not good. What you are trying to do here is, you are trying to escape the situation instead of facing the problem. So you divert yourself towards things like smoking, alcohol or drugs or even eating for that matter. These can momentarily safe you from your crisis but this is gonna do you damage on a long run.
• If you have irrational fears like you are scared of even smallest of things or you feel like someone is watching you or following you or you might suspect everyone around you including your near and dear ones.
• If you feel like you are totally worthless and there is zero self love and zero reason for you to carry on this life like this. And you feel suicidal at any point of time. Get a help without a second’s thought because you are not safe anymore with yourself. I’m not saying this to scare you, I’m saying this because I want you to act fast and do the required thing at the right time.
These are some of the very strong signs which screams for a professional help for the well being of your mental health. There are lots of organizations who are helping out people in directing them towards the right channel to get help for their mental wellness.
Do seek help and get your life back together. It is not that difficult or impossible to get your life back on track, all you need to do is to try.
I know you will conquer your mental health and do great things in life.
Lots of love, hugs and kisses from Kapila!